It sounds exclusive and expensive, but designing your own jewelry is becoming the preferred and more practical way to purchase bracelets, pendants and even engagement rings. So if you’re planning to pop the question soon, consider making a ring that will suit your intended’s style as well as capture the heart.
Tips for designing your own jewelry:
· Find a designer with several examples of work that fit your style.
· Use your own gems to save on expense.
· Clearly articulate what you are looking for.
· Offer budget parameters so jeweler can help choose materials to fit.
· Be open to new ideas; no boundaries with custom design.
· Have a wax model done before starting on the finished piece to ensure fit and style.