Listen to the content of this post:
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT)- It’s National Volunteer Appreciation week and Medical Center Navicent Health honored their volunteers with a luncheon at the Marriott in Macon.
These volunteers donate their time while raising money to help support some of the hospital’s patients.
Navicent honored volunteers from the following hospitals:
- Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital, Navicent Health
- The Medical Center, Navicent Health
- Pine Pointe Hospice, Navicent Health
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent Health
- Navicent Health Baldwin
- Monroe County Hospital, Navicent Health Partner
Helen Tucker volunteered with the hospital for 19 years.
She started working at Navicent Health after she graduated from college. After retiring, she continued volunteering.
“I love it. I didn’t realize that I would be retired at the same place and we are so proud of our hospital,” Tucker said. She says that hospitals need more volunteers.
Signing up to volunteer at visit www.navicenthealth.org/get-involved.html.