WARNER ROBINS, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – The Houston County Sharks have done it again.
Houston County’s Adapted Sports Program won the 2019 State Wheelchair Football Championship at Veterans High School on May 4, beating the Gwinnett Heat 44-33.
It’s the varsity Sharks’ 23rd state wheelchair championship and eighth in football in 11 school years.
Congratulations to these players:
- Leeza Brown, Northside High,
- Emanuel Dawson, Huntington Middle;
- Ca’ron Harris, Northside Middle;
- O’Lando Hicks, Warner Robins High;
- Jordan Kozloski, Houston County High;
- Annabelle Putman, Perry High;
- Gavin Siens, Bonaire Middle;
- Elianna Stevens, Feagin Mill Middle;
- Jacob Stevens, Houston County High; and
- Langley Yoh, Houston County High.
The Houston County Board of Education approved the adapted sports program in 2008 to offer students with physical disabilities the opportunity to play wheelchair basketball, football and handball. The sports are sanctioned by the Georgia High School Association.
The team will be recognized at the Houston County Board of Education meeting May 14.
Go to adaptedsports.org for more information.