MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – A Macon man led deputies on a car chase and collided with another vehicle.
Bibb County Sheriff’s deputies were patrolling the Mumford Road area near Case Street when they saw a black Lincoln Town Car run a stop sign. Authorities say that the incident happened on August 9 around 6:30 p.m.
Deputies identified the driver as 33-year-old Charles Franklin of Macon.
Deputies say they tried to stop the car, but Franklin would not stop. After a short chase, Franklin crashed his car into another vehicle.
Authorities say the driver of the vehicle hit by Franklin was taken to the hospital and listed in stable condition. Deputies searched Franklin’s car and found the following:
- Two large bags of marijuana
- A Smith & Wesson revolver
- Other drug paraphernalia
Deputies took Franklin to the Bibb County Jail and charged him with the following:
- Fleeing and Eluding Police Felony
- (6) counts of Traffic Violations
- Reckless Conduct
- Driving While Unlicensed
- Possession of Marijuana With Intent to Distribute
- (2) counts of Possession of Marijuana Within 1,000 feet of a School
- Possession of a Firearm By Convicted Felon
- Possession of Firearm During Commission of a Felony
Authorities say that Franklin also had a warrant for Violation of Probation and two warrants for Simple Battery Family Violence.
Authorities set his bond at $7,500.00.
Anyone with information
If you have any information about this incident, call the Bibb Sheriff’s Office at 478-751-7500. You can also call the Macon Regional Crimestoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.