Listen to the content of this post:
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – A fire that sparked in a vacant apartment at apartment complex in Macon caused a lot of damage Wednesday morning.
According to the Macon-Bibb Fire Department, the fire happened a Green Meadow Townhouses on Log Cabin Drive just after 6 a.m. Firefighters say the apartment that caught fire is a total loss and the fire affected five other apartments.
The building’s water and gas had to be shut off. Macon-Bibb firefighters say the Red Cross is helping those people affected by the fire.
There’s no cause for the fire at this time.