Listen to the content of this post:
MONROE COUNTY, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Two people and a dog are safe after escaping a house fire Tuesday.
The 2,200 square-foot home was “fully involved” when firefighters arrived.
Chief Matt Jackson said the dog alerted the home’s occupants, and they exited and called 911.
Jackson said the fire, which started in the attic, was believed to be a result of an electrical malfunction and that there’s nothing suspicious about it.
“The displaced occupants are staying with family members and are not requesting charitable assistance at this time,” the post said.