The role of the Digital News Operations Specialist/Assignment Editor is ideal for an extremely well organized, skilled, enthusiastic, positive and resourceful individual with a keen aptitude for creative problem-solving. The ideal candidate will have a strong Online/Multimedia Journalism background with basic to intermediate experience and understanding in Digital Marketing, Social Media, WordPress and Google Analytics and will be able to manage and create content for our broadcasts, website, mobile and social media platforms.
Under the direction of the station News Director, the candidate will work autonomously to research, vet, and push various types of news content in “real time” across all station digital platforms on a daily basis. This person must have a competitive instinct, the ability to make decisions quickly and independently, and a firm grasp of social media for both newsgathering and news distribution purposes.
The candidate must take ownership of the station’s digital platforms – knowing the audience and insights regularly – helping the station constantly work to achieve these strategic goals:
- Improve digital platform user experience (measured by “time spent”)
- Grow website and mobile app traffic (measured by “impressions” and “unique users”)
- Add differentiating value to the station digital platforms (fresh content and franchise ideas)
- Work with news staff to increase overall quality and quantity of 41NBC’s digital output
- Create/Repurpose and maintain content for broadcasts, website(s) & app(s)
- Monitor and contribute content to TV Station social media accounts
- Work with News and Promotions Departments to create and execute:
- An effective strategic growth plan for station social media accounts
- An effective strategic improvement plan for station website & app SEO
- An effective strategic plan for station email newsletter database
- Regularly review market trends and innovations for new opportunities
- Consult with outside vendors and make recommendations to Station Management
- Serve as a multi-media, multi-platform digital content/newscast producer
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager and/or News Director.
The successful candidate will also enterprise news through beat calls, social media, and cultivated sources. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays is a must.
If you are a proactive, outgoing, and creative individual with journalism experience, please submit your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and social media portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please specify how you learned of this opening.
No phone calls.
41NBC/WMGT is an equal opportunity employer which seeks and employs qualified individuals without discrimination.
EOE, M/F/D/V, Pre-Employment drug screening and background check.
Posted: Posted: 04/09/2021