TO: Community Contacts DATE: January 29, 2018
REPORTS TO: Manager of Engineering
EDUCATION: Formal education should include Technical school, or military electronics training, or Bachelor of Arts or Science in related field.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in electronics repair and troubleshooting, and two years’ experience in broadcast TV station preferred.
- Assist the Manager of Engineering in maintaining a high-quality, uninterrupted product which directly supports the station objective of maintaining broadcast standards and reducing costly downtime.
- Perform repairs, maintenance, updates and modifications of studio equipment, microwave and transmission equipment, electronic news gathering and satellite equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Performs the installation of broadcasting equipment, including computers and servers.
- Assists in installing electrical circuitry to comply with codes and safety regulations.
- Install, maintains and operates studio, remote control, microwave and satellite and transmission equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Assists in installation and maintenance station computer systems, including desktop PCs, servers, switches, LAN and video servers.
- Learn, train and develop intimate working knowledge of ON-AIR Master Control configurations and systems for all broadcast program streams and commercial insertion management software.
- Perform maintenance, installation, and relocation of PCs, Cameras, Modems, and LED Panels in places such as rooftops and on billboards.
- Train users in the proper operation of all station equipment as needed.
- Assists and provides quality control notes to supervisor in the maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Be available to resolve equipment failures and other issues after normal office hours including weekends and holidays as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have good people skills and communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to change priorities instantly as circumstances dictate.
- Must have a working knowledge of video and audio systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical laws and theory.
- Must have a working knowledge of radio frequency devices, including transmitters, antennas, and transmission lines.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer systems, including domain servers.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting and repair skills for electrical and mechanical devices down to the component level.
- Must be knowledgeable about analog and digital television equipment including cameras, tape machines and servers, disk drive devices, editing gear, computers, amplifiers, processing equipment, converters, switchers and audio consoles, satellite transmitting and receiving gear, microwave transmitting and receiving gear, generators and AC power distribution theory
- Must be able to perform occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling; climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, significant fine finger dexterity.
- Must have current driver’s license, access to use personal vehicle and provide proof of insurance.
I fully understand and accept the responsibilities as outlined in this job description as they have been explained to me.
Employee Signature: ___________________________ Date: __________
Supervisor Signature: __________________________ Date: __________
EOE, M/F/D/V, Pre-Employment drug screening and background check.