41NBC / WMGT has an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant. This is a detailed-oriented clerical position requiring strong communication skills. General experience and understanding of office PC software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Receive, prepare, and input national/local contracts in timely manner as assigned.
- Prepare and input national make-good offers into station portal as approved by NSM.
- Confirm orders back to national reps utilizing station portal.
- Resolve national billing discrepancies and prepare credit memos when necessary.
- Assist Sales Manager, Digital Sales Manager and Sales Team with Broadcast and Digital order entry into OSI traffic system.
- Assist with creation of sales collateral materials using PowerPoint, Photoshop, Word with a working knowledge of Google Drive and G-Suite products and other PC office programs
- Assist sales department with creation of sales proposals approved by sales management
- Utilize OSI traffic system to generate “As-Run” and other reporting for clients / agencies
- Print client duplicate invoices and statements if requested
- Pull and monitor Accounts Receivable reports to assist management with potential customer payment issues and deposits
- Contact clients with billing issues about past due payments
- Assist in Wide Orbit Media Sales proposal workflow
- Update NBC and Bounce TV programming in Wide Orbit Media Sales
- Front desk duty lunch break and fill in when needed
- Be aware of NBC and Bounce TV brand on all channels, and have working knowledge of station’s websites & mobile content, social media footprint and other station branded digital products.
- Assist in posting information to assigned web pages on station web site if necessary
- Interact directly with public via e-mail or phone as needed regarding contests, events and special promotions.
- Assist station management on outside station events, banner hanging as needed for on-site events.
- Assist in getting traffic instructions to Traffic Director when necessary
- As needed assist staff by providing guidance and training for any station volunteer efforts.
- Maintain clear, effective and stress-free communication with staff, peers and management.
- Assist Sales Manager in maintaining Political advertising files as needed.
- Assist Sales Manager in uploading political advertising documents to FCC website as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by station Management. This position reports directly to the Sales Manager.
EDUCATION: Four-year degree in Business, Communications, or related field preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in broadcast sales support is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) references to Shawn Hall, Sales Manager, at email@example.com.
Please include how you learned of this opening.
EOE, M/F/D/V, Pre-Employment drug screening and background check
301 Poplar Street, Macon, GA 31201 | P.O. Box 4328, Macon, Georgia 31208-4328 | Phone: 478-745-4141 | Fax: 478-742-2626